I'm an English teacher living in Seattle, Washington. While teaching idioms, my class asked me to create a book of the drawings I made.
Because my skill isn't that great, I decided to post them here. There, I've absolved myself of any responsibility for the poor quality of my work.
I recommend clicking the image for full effect.

Feel free to use this (already heavily spammed) email address.

Friday, August 16, 2013


Deep Pockets
Having a lot of money.


The idiom implies that people or businesses with deep (large) pockets are able to carry a lot of money. They probably don't actually keep it all in their pockets, though.

"They can afford this house because they have deep pockets."

"The company didn't do well this year, but it has deep pockets so it'll be fine."

*Sometimes the expression "Short arms and deep pockets" will be used to describe someone with a lot of money, though rarely uses it - he or she can't reach into his or her pockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment