I'm an English teacher living in Seattle, Washington. While teaching idioms, my class asked me to create a book of the drawings I made.
Because my skill isn't that great, I decided to post them here. There, I've absolved myself of any responsibility for the poor quality of my work.
I recommend clicking the image for full effect.

Feel free to use this (already heavily spammed) email address.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Watch Your Mouth!
Be careful what you say.



It would be difficult to literally watch one's mouth, but watch also means to control or to keep it out of trouble - "I need to watch my kids" means I need to take care of them. Here, watch your mouth means to keep it under control and therefore to be careful of what you say. This is said to someone who has said something bad or profane or said to someone as a warning.

"The boss is here, we'll have to watch our mouths."

"Damn it, I forgot my homework!"
"Watch your mouth!"

No comments:

Post a Comment